We are deeply saddened by the news of the massive earthquakes that have struck South East of Türkiye, and impacted North of Syria and Lebanon. Our thoughts and condolences are with all of those affected by this tragedy, which was reported as the most powerful earthquakes recorded in Türkiye since 1939.
We are relieved to report that all of our students in the affected areas are accounted for and safe thus far, and we are actively checking on all of our community members, including students, scholars, and entrepreneurs, to ensure their well-being. Our educational centers in Lebanon remain open, and we are closely monitoring the situation to ensure the safety of everyone in our care.
We are deeply concerned for all children and families who have been impacted by the earthquake and have lost their homes, especially for all those who have experienced multiple tragedies. In order to maximize global financial support right now for the benefit of saving lives in the affected areas of Türkiye and Syria, Jusoor recommends the following international organizations activating urgent, effective work on the ground.
- Médecins Sans Frontières are delivering medical aid in Türkiye and Syria.
- Save The Children are providing emergency relief in both countries.
A smaller organization that is also fundraising for emergency response in the affected areas is
There are also several local organizations in Türkiye that are working tirelessly to provide relief and support to those affected.
- Ahbap is a Turkish volunteer-run charity, leading in the response in Gaziantep and the surrounding provinces, providing shelter, food, and medical supplies to those affected. Ahbap has also provided a map with safe locations for those seeking shelter across Gaziantep and other provinces. https://tinyurl.com/4nwuk95y
- Akut is Türkiye’s leading search and rescue NGO. They have been on the ground since early in the morning on February 6th, mobilizing hundreds of volunteers and canines to aid in search efforts in the affected provinces.
- The Karam Foundation provides education and community support for Syrians in the US and Türkiye. The foundation has opened its Karam House in Reyhanli to those in need of shelter, and is working to deliver shelter, basic needs assistance and disaster relief to their team, families, students and the greater community.
We would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to all the rescue workers and first responders who are working tirelessly to help those in need.
Update. February 9, 2023
As the response and recovery efforts continue, it is crucial for us to come together as a global community to support those affected. We have compiled a list of 8 things you can do to provide support and make a difference in the lives of those impacted by this tragedy. From offering emotional support, to providing financial and logistical assistance, there are many ways in which we can come together to help. Check our blog post here to learn about them.
Update. February 11, 2023
The situation in Türkiye and Syria is dire, and the need for immediate assistance is urgent. Jusoor is partnering with the Karam Foundation to act quickly and provide life-saving cash to Syrian families affected by the earthquakes. Learn more on about our campaign (Re)Building Hopes and help us save lives by donating to this campaign where your money will go directly to those in need.