About the Organization and Role
Jusoor (which means ‘bridges’ in Arabic) is an international NGO founded in 2011 with the mission of maximizing the potential of Syrian youth through education. The organization has become a leading global actor in educational and entrepreneurial programs for Syrian children and youth. The organization is known for its innovative approach to development challenges, high-velocity execution, and the strength of its global strategic partnerships and active volunteer base.
At Jusoor, we believe in the power of people to bring about extraordinary change. We see the Jusoor team as leaders of a significant shift in the future of Syria and Syrians globally.
This role will be the designer and lead coordinator of Jusoor’s production materials. This person will be in charge of establishing and evolving the production value of Jusoor’s high-quality designs, videos, animations, and prints, by coordinating with the consultants on the various needs and setting the direction of each material being produced.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a creative director or in a similar creative role
- Hand-on experience in creative process, marketing, and graphic design
- Excellent working knowledge of software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
A minimum of three years of experience in art direction is required.
Role Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines, and strategies in various creative projects and oversee them to completion
- Collaborate with the Jusoor’s Editor to obtain knowledge of the department’s vision and requirements
- Direct and motivate the consultants of animators, videographers, and photographers to help them use their talents effectively
- Collaborate with the Internal Communications Assistant on materials for programs
- Coordinate and lead the discussion with printing houses for Jusoor’s printing orders
- Request quotations for various large requests from printing houses and production producers
- Assist in leading the brainstorming/creative sessions to generate ideas
- Revise the designs of internal presentations and documents created internally
Working with Jusoor
- We place integrity, accountability, fairness, and respect at the core of our values.
- We treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- We never engage in or accept any form of harassment, bullying, discrimination, exploitation, or abuse of any kind.
- We consistently demonstrate collegiality and openness to different viewpoints.
- We act honestly and professionally in all work-related matters and uphold ethical professional practices
- We are inclusive and provide equitable access to information, resources, and opportunity and do not discriminate based on age, race, gender, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.
Why Work With us
- We are a diverse and fun people to work with
- Competitive Paid Time Off policy
- Professional Development stipend (focused on individuals’ career goals), plus organization-wide training opportunities
- Growth opportunities within the organization for the right candidate
Learn more about Jusoor and the team behind it here: https://jusoor.ngo/about
Candidates should fill out the form linked below which includes sending their portfolio. An interview will be part of the hiring process.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants we wish to move forward with will be contacted