Are you passionate about access to quality education and helping Syrian students reach their highest potential?
If so, then this exciting opportunity might be the perfect fit for you! We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Scholarships Program, and specifically our High School Scholarships (HSS) project.
Our Scholarships Program is designed to provide access to secondary and higher education to Syrian students in Lebanon and globally. In 2022, Jusoor established our Lebanon HSS Project, which currently supports 160 Syrian high school students in Tripoli and Bekaa.
The project covers tuition fees, transportation stipends, support classes, university application assistance and psychosocial support. For the 2023-24 academic year, we will increase this number to 300 and expand to Khaldeh as well.
The High School Scholarships Assistant will play a vital role in ensuring that Syrian students in Lebanon graduate secondary school and are able to pursue opportunities for undergraduate degrees, and is responsible for maintaining the daily and long-term objectives of the program. Specifically, the HSS Assistant will develop relationships and maintain regular communication with partner schools, and provide consistent monitoring and evaluation of the program.
The main objective of the role is to guarantee that we are reaching the program’s goals to foster student well-being, ensure that students can confidently sit for the Lebanese Baccalaureate exams and apply to university as well as offer professional development opportunities for students and teachers.
- Maintain close communication with Jusoor Partner schools.
- Coordinate university and/or scholarship applications with the assistance of the Head of Scholarships and university support teachers.
- Coordinate our partnership with MAPs to provide university application support for students in Jurahiya.
- Attending monthly Education Sector meetings online
- Conduct quarterly teacher trainings for each school on pedagogy-related topics such as types of assessment, classroom management and student-centered learning.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Partner with Jusoor’s MEAL team to develop relevant M&E indicators and effective practices.
- Visit each school in Tripoli, Khaldeh, and Bekaa once monthly to conduct teacher observations and other monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Conduct bi-annual surveys and interviews with the students to evaluate the progress and success of the project as well as areas of improvement.
- Write bi-annual M&E reports summarizing the findings from the M&E processes as well as data tracked from attendance and academic records.
- Work with the Communications Team to develop promotional materials about the scholars and projects (in coordination with the Head of Scholarships and the Scholarand Alumni Engagement Coordinator).
Admin and Finance:
- Create a budget for each school, collect receipts on a monthly basis from each school for all expenditures, and maintain all financial records.
- Ensure that relevant staff members in each school sign a contract outlining their responsibilities, compensation, and Jusoor’s child protection policy.
- Ensure that each student signs a Jusoor scholar contract
- Support with the hiring of a University Admissions support class teacher/facilitator and a Psychosocial Support Counselor when needed
- Explore opportunities for the students outside of academic study (i.e. connections to other NGOs that offer skills training in fields such as computer science, IT, English, etc.).
- Related research tasks and support to the wider program as needed.