Jusoor, which means "bridges" in Arabic, is an international NGO with the mission of “Maximizing the potential of Syrian youth through education”. Founded in 2011 by Syrian Diaspora in the private sector, Jusoor is a unique model of humanitarian intervention known for its innovative approach, dynamic and continuously improving programs, high-velocity execution, and the strength of its global partnerships. We believe in lean impact, and hold ourselves accountable for being nimble and responsive to the realities of Syrian children and youth on the ground and in the diaspora. We are also non-political, non-religious and globally registered in the US, Canada, UK, Jordan and Lebanon.
Over the last 12 years, Jusoor has been bridging the opportunity gap for war- and displacement- affected children at each developmental stage through to their early career. Through our 4 programs – Refugee Education, Scholarships, Entrepreneurship and Career Development — we have impacted the lives of over 15,000 children and youth through creating diverse and meaningful educational pathways in the Middle East, US, UK, Europe, and Asia; trained over 2,000 entrepreneurs; and empowered over 600 businesses and startups through mobilizing over 23million USD in global support. Our specialized and committed team of 25 staff and 50 frontline educators work passionately to empower and elevate generations of Syrian youth.
and Make an Impact
About the Role
At Jusoor, we believe in the power of people to bring about extraordinary change. We see the Jusoor team as leaders of a significant shift in the future of Syria and Syrians globally.
We are seeking a highly skilled and dynamic Individual Giving Fundraiser with a focus on engaging high net worth individuals in the Gulf Region to join our team.
This role is integral to our mission and will play a crucial part in expanding our donor base and securing significant contributions to support our programs.
The Individual Giving Fundraiser (High Net Worth) - Gulf Region will be responsible for building and nurturing relationships with high net worth individuals in the Gulf Region to secure major gifts and donations.
This role requires a seasoned fundraiser with a strong network and understanding of the philanthropic landscape in the Gulf Region.
The successful candidate will be a persuasive communicator, a strategic thinker, and a dedicated advocate for our cause.
- Proven track record of successfully fundraising large gifts from high net worth individuals.
- Established network of contacts in the Gulf Region's philanthropic and business communities.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to craft persuasive and customized proposals and concept notes.
- Results-oriented with a track record of achieving fundraising goals.
- Passion for our organization's mission and values.
- Knowledge of Arabic
- Knowledge of the challenges facing Syrian children and youth
- Familiarity with donor management software and tools (preferably Salesforce)
Required Skills and Experience
- Prospect Identification: Identify and research high net worth individuals in the Gulf Region who have a potential interest in the organization's mission and programs.
- Relationship Building: Cultivate and steward relationships with major donors through personalized engagement, meetings, and communication, with a focus on building long-term partnerships.
- Proposal Development: Create compelling and tailored proposals and solicitation materials for high net worth individuals, aligning their interests with the organization's priorities.
- Donor Events: Plan and execute exclusive donor events and activities to engage and recognize major donors in the Gulf Region.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the executive team, Board of Directors, and other stakeholders to leverage their networks and support in cultivating major donors.
- Donor Recognition: Ensure appropriate recognition and acknowledgment of major donors, including naming opportunities and customized stewardship plans.
- Gift Processing: Oversee the gift acknowledgment process and ensure accurate donor records and reporting.
- Goal Achievement: Develop and implement strategies to meet or exceed annual fundraising targets for major gifts from the Gulf Region.
- Compliance: Ensure all fundraising activities adhere to ethical and legal standards and comply with donor requirements.
Culture, Values & Expectations
At Jusoor, we place integrity, accountability, and respect at the core of our values. Jusoor is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a welcoming work environment. Jusoor does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Why Work with Us
- Energetic, diverse and all-star team to work with and learn from
- Generous paid time off and parental policies
- Yearly professional development stipend for courses, conferences, learning materials, and a variety of training opportunities across the organization.
- Opportunities for creativity and directing your career path within the organization
Learn more about Jusoor and the team behind it
How to Apply
If you are a highly motivated and well-connected fundraising professional with a passion for building meaningful relationships and securing major gifts from high net worth individuals in the Gulf Region, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity at Jusoor. Please submit your resume, cover letter including examples of successful major gift solicitations thorough our portal by November 15th, 2023. Note that applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join the Team, Apply Now
Job opening closes on
November 15, 2023
at GMT midnight